Written by Retraction Watch (H/T Tom0mason)
That excellent public service, retractionwatch.com has been work hard helping to expose the fake science behind the COVID-19 pandemic hoax. Below they list the 19 junk studies exposed and withdrawn so far. Watch this space for more pandemic fraud coming your way.
We’ve been tracking retractions of papers about COVID-19 as part of our database. Here’s a running list, which will be updated as needed. (For some context on these figures, see our letter in Accountability in Research.)
- “Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag,” bioRxiv preprint published January 31, 2020 and withdrawn February 2, 2020. More context here.
- “Epidemiological and clinical features of the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak in China,” medRxiv preprint published February 11, 2020 and withdrawn February 21, 2020. More context here.
- “Chinese medical staff request international medical assistance in fighting against COVID-19,” letter in The Lancet published February 24, 2020 and retracted February 26, 2020. More context here.
- “Potential False-Positive Rate Among the ‘Asymptomatic Infected Individuals’ in Close Contacts of COVID-19 Patients,” paper in the Chinese Journal of Epidemiology published March 5, 2020 and retracted a few days later. More context here.
- “An epidemiological investigation of 2019 novel coronavirus diseases through aerosol－borne transmission by public transport,” published in early March in Practical Preventive Medicine and retracted sometime in mid-April. More context here.
- “First viral replication of Covid-19 identified in the peritoneal dialysis fluid,” published in Bulletin de la Dialyse à Domicile on April 13, 2020, retracted on April 20, 2020. Our coverage here.
- “Hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin: a potential interest in reducing in-hospital morbidity due to COVID-19 pneumonia (HI-ZY-COVID)?” preprint published on medRxiv, May 11, 2020, withdrawn on May 20, 2020. Our coverage here.
- “From SARS-CoV to Wuhan 2019-nCoV Outbreak: Similarity of Early Epidemic and Prediction of Future Trends,” preprint posted on bioRxiv, January 25, 2020, withdrawn January 28, 2020.
- “Analysis of Ten Microsecond simulation data of SARS-CoV-2 dimeric main protease,” preprint posted on bioRxiv, April 12, 2020, withdrawn April 16, 2020.
- “Computational analysis suggests putative intermediate animal hosts of the SARS-CoV-2,” preprint posted on bioRxiv, April 5, 2020, withdrawn April 20, 2020.
See the full list at retractionwatch.com
PRINCIPIA SCIENTIFIC INTERNATIONAL, legally registered in the UK as a company incorporated for charitable purposes. Head Office: 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX.
Please DONATE TODAY To Help Our Non-Profit Mission To Defend The Scientific Method.
Trackback from your site.